Manjaro Linux 16.08-pre1 released
More than a month passed and it seemed to be a little calm around Manjaro Linux. Behind the curtain however we worked hard to get ready for our next stable release we will call Ellada.
Our KDE edition gained Plasma 5.7, Framework 5.24 and Apps 16.04. We struggled much with QT 5.7, which changed the handling of GTK theming, however this we were able to solve more or less. Our Manjaro Settings Manager gained some apperance fixes for low resolutions and updated translations. Within Pamac we fixed some smaller issues, updated drivers, kernels and regular packages.
Our graphical installer comes now in version v2.3 which adds End2End luks encryption. Also following changes are to mention:
- A long standing and hard to debug issue with occasional unwanted resize operations being executed got fixed
- A partitioning module configuration option for showing partition labels in the manual partitioning interface got added
- support for NVME devices in fstab got improved
- mke2fs and e2fsck handling, which fixes a multitude of random (but not very frequent) install failures got much improved
- A type to search support in the keyboard module got implemented
- A partitioning module configuration option for selecting the default filesystem type got added
- Countless other bug fixes
As we now managed to get our SSL certificates and the main homepage is back online, we need the community to help us out with our Beginners Guide, as we strongly need a new section which describes how to use Calamares for installing Manjaro in different situtations as our graphical installer supports now.
Please test also this release thru and thru and give us needed feedback.
Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team