Manjaro Mate 15.12 preview1 released
Here I present the first Manjaro Mate 15.12 preview. On a part, I want to slow it down and follow more Manjaro development. This ISO contains the Mate-Desktop 1.12. This desktop has a lot of improvements under the skin.
- Fixes and improvements for GTK3 support across the entire MATE Desktop including GTK 3.18 support.
- Touchpad support is significantly improved and now features multi touch and natural scrolling.
- Multi monitor support has been improved so the display settings use output names and the revised UI lets you set the primary monitor.
- The power applet now displays model and vendor information so you can distinguish between multiple battery powered devices.
- Improved session management which now includes screensaver inhibition while playing media.
- MATE now listens to the org.gnome.SessionManager namespace.
- Extended systemd support.
- Long standing bugs and many little usability paper-cuts were fixed.
- For example, panel applets are no longer reordered when changing screen resolutions.
- Translations updated and a number of components now retrieve strings directly from gschema (requires intltool 0.50.1).
- Dropped support for win32 and osx.
More info can been found in the release announcement of MATE.
Package based highlights
- Mate & Mate-extra (GTK2 version)
- Firefox & Thunderbird
- Vertex & Vertex-icons
I also tried to make the ISO a bit lighter, but still it comes with 1.4gb and 1.5gb in size. Using abiword & gnumeric would bring it down a bit, but people don’t want these alternatives, so it is LibreOffice.
Unstable branch was used to create these install medias. Please give us feedback and report any issues with this release.
kind regards Ringo de Kroon, Manjaro Development Team