Manjaro Update 2016-04-26 (stable)
We are happy to announce our seventeenth update of Manjaro 15.12 (Capella)!
With this we updated Gnome and GTK to 3.20. This will break most of the themes and will be fixed as soon as we had time to port them.
It is recommended to use Adwaita or any theme which is already compatible with the new CSS style of Gnome. Most of the work is now going int Adwaita-Manjaro and Vertex-Manjaro. Vertex will become our default theme for most of our editions.
So what changed so far:
- some of our kernels got a new point-release
- updated JDK8, Virtualbox and profile settings of our Manjaro editions
- plasma framework is now at 5.21
- plasma desktop is now at 5.6.3
- KDE apps at 16.04
- haskell and python updates
- a lot of rebuilds due the gtk3 update
- libreoffice is now at 5.1.2
- firefox, thunderbird and calligra got updated
- continues work on vulkan support
- some updates to lib32 repository
Guillaume and Dustin worked together to get Gnome headerbar working with pamac. This gives pamac a new look and feel. Also additional improvements got added to our latest preview version of pamac. Install it via pamac-dev.
So tell us what you think about it on github!
Archlinux upstream fixes are now from: Tue Apr 26 19:46:47 CEST 2016.
It is always good to check for updated packages, even we don’t notify you about them. As usual people using our testing branch will help us to get snaps over to our branch almost smoothly. For notifications on daily bases please take a look at our mailing list.
Please give us feedback and report any findings with this update.
Kind regards, The Manjaro Development Team
Current supported kernels
- Linux310 3.10.101
- Linux312 3.12.58
- Linux313 220.127.116.11 [EOL]
- Linux314 3.14.66
- Linux316 18.104.22.168 [EOL]
- Linux318 3.18.32
- Linux319 22.214.171.124
- Linux41 4.1.23
- Linux42 126.96.36.199
- Linux44 4.4.8
- Linux45 4.5.2
- Linux46 4.6-rc4
- community i686: 770 new and 751 removed package(s)
- community x86_64: 770 new and 749 removed package(s)
- core i686: 54 new and 54 removed package(s)
- core x86_64: 54 new and 54 removed package(s)
- extra i686: 1305 new and 1275 removed package(s)
- extra x86_64: 1305 new and 1276 removed package(s)
- multilib x86_64: 56 new and 55 removed package(s)