Manjaro Linux 16.06 released
We are happy to present Daniella to you, our latest stable release of Manjaro Linux.
The Xfce edition remains our flagship offering and has received the attention it deserves. Few can claim to offer such a polished, integrated and leading-edge Xfce experience. We ship Xfce 4.12 with this release of Manjaro. We mainly focused on polishing the user experience on the desktop and window manager, and on updating some components to take advantage of newly available technologies such as switching to a new Vertex-Maia theme, we already using known as Maia for our KDE edition.
Our KDE edition continues to deliver this powerful, mature and feature-rich desktop environment with a unique look-and-feel, and with the perks of Manjaro’s latest tools. We ship now Plasma 5.6 desktop in combination with the latest KDE-Apps 16.04. It was a huge step to get it all playing together smoothly and to give the user experience the same feeling as our KDE4 editions of the past.
Some features to point out in this release:
- Kernel 4.4 LTS is used for this release, such as the latest drivers available to date.
- Relative to the last installation media release, our tools have been improved and polished.
- The Manjaro Settings Manager (MSM) now provides an easy-to-use graphical interface for installing and removing the many series of kernels we offer. Manjaro’s selection of available kernels remains the most extensive of all Linux distribution we know of.
- At the time of this 16.06 release, eleven kernel-series are available directly from our binary repositories, ranging from the mature & rock-solid 3.10 series to the latest 4.6 release. Such a wide array of available kernel options results in extensive hardware support, getting the most out of your system for you, be it old or new.
- We also created a kcm module to integrate MSM seamlessly into System-Settings of Plasma 5. We have now several notifier for MSM to be installed optionally.
With Pamac 4.1 we have switched to CSD design. Guillaume was working for some time on this new design for pamac. Followed features you can expect:
- click on a package name and choose details to view details
- in dependencies view, click on any dependency to view its details
- you can continue browsing packages while a transaction is running
- compact progress bar to showcase the current status on ongoing processes
- updated terminal view in our pamac updater
Archlinux upstream fixes are now from: Sun Jun 5 09:17:07 CEST 2016.
It is always good to check for updated packages, even we don’t notify you about them. As usual people using our testing branch will help us to get snaps over to our stable branch almost smoothly. For notifications on daily bases please take a look at our mailing list.
We hope you like this release.
Kind regards, Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
Current supported kernels
- Linux310 3.10.101
- Linux312 3.12.59
- Linux314 3.14.71
- Linux316 3.16.35
- Linux318 3.18.33
- Linux319 188.8.131.52
- Linux41 4.1.24
- Linux42 184.108.40.206
- Linux44 4.4.12
- Linux45 4.5.6
- Linux46 4.6.1