MATE v1.14 for Manjaro Linux released!
The MATE Desktop Environment is the continuation of GNOME 2. It provides an intuitive and attractive desktop environment using traditional metaphors for Linux and other Unix-like operating systems. After a little struggle we decided to maintain MATE on our own, since Archlinux has no active maintainer anymore for this destkop environment.
The headline changes in MATE 1.14 are:
- Improved GTK+3 support across the entire MATE Desktop.
- Full GTK 3.20 support in all MATE themes.
- Client Side Decorated applications render correctly in all themes.
- Completely ported MATE System Monitor and Mozo to GTK+3 only (we ship v1.12 for gtk2 branch).
- Touchpad configuration now supports edge and two-finger scrolling independently.
- Python extensions in Caja can now be managed separately.
- All three window focus modes are selectable.
- MATE Panel now has the ability to change icon sizes for menubar and menu items.
- MATE NetSpeed Applet has been merged into the MATE Applets package.
- MATE Terminal support VTE 2.91 API when built for GTK+3.
- Volume and Brightness OSD can now be enabled/disabled.
- Translations are updated.
Additionally we created a Manjaro live-media you can use to test this new version of MATE without messing with your current installation. We used the unstable branch for creating these ISO-images. Report back any issues you may find with this release.
kind regards, Philip Müller, and the Manjaro development team