Manjaro Update - 2014-12-20 (testing)
We are happy to announce our third update review cycle for Manjaro 0.8.11.
With this update we present Plasma 5.1.2, systemd 2.18 and updated menda-icons. Calamares 0.17.5-2 introduces a new way to install Manjaro 0.9.0-dev and we modified grub2 to load early microcodes for your CPUs (currently working with linux318 only).
Also we updated some of our kernels (3.10.63, 188.8.131.52, 3.14.27, 3.17.7 and 3.18.1). All of them ship BFQ v7r6 and include needed fixes and enhancements.
Beside fixes for our compiz packages, we ship regular Arch-Upstream updates (Sat Dec 20 11:01:42 CET 2014). This includes updates to haskell, perl, virtual box, glibc, thunderbird and php.
Please give us feedback and report any findings with this update.
the Manjaro Development Team
Current supported kernels
- Linux310 3.10.63
- Linux312 3.12.35
- Linux313 184.108.40.206
- Linux314 3.14.27
- Linux316 220.127.116.11
- Linux317 3.17.7
- Linux318 3.18.1
Upstream package changes
- community i686: 107 new and 95 removed package(s)
- community x86_64: 109 new and 97 removed package(s)
- core i686: 12 new and 12 removed package(s)
- core x86_64: 12 new and 12 removed package(s)
- extra i686: 139 new and 138 removed package(s)
- extra x86_64: 139 new and 138 removed package(s)
- multilib x86_64: 3 new and 3 removed package(s)
Manjaro package changes
- community x86_64: 5 new and 6 removed package(s)
- community i686: 5 new and 6 removed package(s)
- core i686: 13 new and 14 removed package(s)
- core x86_64: 13 new and 14 removed package(s)
- extra i686: 60 new and 61 removed package(s)
- extra x86_64: 60 new and 61 removed package(s)
- multilib x86_64: 1 new and 1 removed package(s)
The 3.15 series Linux kernel is no longer supported. If you get any errors when trying to update that relate to a package with linux315 in the name, the solution is to remove all linux315 packages from your system. You can easily do this through the Manjaro Settings Manager.