Manjaro Update 2015-12-13 (testing)
We are happy to announce another review of Manjaro 15.12 (Capella)!
This is one of the biggest updates we did so far. Mostly due the C++ 11 ABI change within gcc. It is recommended to rebuild your AUR packages for this ABI.
With this we finally dropping KDE4 for good. All users of this desktop should either switch over to Plasma 5 or any other maintained desktop, like LXQt.
So what changed? We have now Plasma 5.5 with all its goodies, updated Mesa and LibreOffice. Also we changed our profiles structure for our manjaro-tools. Maintainers of Manjaro install-medias should adopt.
Archlinux upstream fixes are now from: Sun Dec 13 09:19:23 CET 2015.
It is always good to check for updated packages, even we don’t notify you about them. As usual people using our testing branch will help us to get snaps over to our branch almost smoothly. For notifications on daily bases please take a look at our mailing list.
Please give us feedback and report any findings with this update.
Kind regards, Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
Current supported kernels
- Linux310 3.10.94
- Linux312 3.12.51
- Linux313 188.8.131.52
- Linux314 3.14.58
- Linux316 184.108.40.206
- Linux318 3.18.24
- Linux319 220.127.116.11
- Linux41 4.1.14
- Linux42 4.2.7
- Linux43 4.3.2
- Linux44 4.4-rc4
- testing community i686: 1252 new and 1289 removed package(s)
- testing community x86_64: 1251 new and 1287 removed package(s)
- testing core i686: 31 new and 32 removed package(s)
- testing core x86_64: 31 new and 32 removed package(s)
- testing extra i686: 1050 new and 1139 removed package(s)
- testing extra x86_64: 1051 new and 1140 removed package(s)
- testing multilib x86_64: 53 new and 50 removed package(s)